Name Change - Minor

Question: How do I file a Minor Name Change "MR" case?

Answer: Forms listed below are necessary for filing an Minor Name Change “MR” case. Download forms to the left or go to Court Forms for a complete list of all available forms.

•  Appearance
• Cover Sheet
• Notice of Filing - Minor Name Change
• Order - Minor Name Change
• Petition - Minor Name Change

Upon completion of the forms necessary for your case, you will need to file your forms at the Circuit Clerk’s Office room 108 at the civil counter. Fee due upon filing.

It is the petitioner’s duty to follow the events of the case and appear for the court dates. Failure to do so may result in the case being dismissed.

Pursuant to Illinois Statute (705 ILCS 110 / 1) the Circuit Clerk’s Office is unable to assist in the preparation of documents or give any legal advice.

Mailing Address: 400 West State St., Rockford, IL 61101
Phone: 1-815-319-4500 (8:00AM - 5:00PM CDT) 

© Winnebago County Clerk of the Circut Court. All Rights Reserved. | Site Design & Developement by

close (X)