A Dissolution “D” case number shall be assigned to a complaint for dissolution of marriage, civil union, or separate maintenance.

This list of subcategories is not intended to be comprehensive: rather, it is intended to illustrate the kinds of actions that are to be filed under the Dissolution "D" category.

 • Civil Union With Children
 • Civil Union Without Children
 • Dissolution With Children
 • Dissolution Without Children 
 • Invalidity (With Children)
 • Invalidity (Without Children)
 • Legal Separation (With Children)
 • Legal Separation (Without Children)

Question: How do I file a Dissolution “D” case?

Answer: Dissolution packets are available in the Self Help Center located in the Law Library on the third floor of the courthouse.  Forms must be chosen to fit the litigant’s situation. 

Upon completion of the forms necessary for your case, you will need to file your forms at the Circuit Clerk’s Office room 108 at the civil counter. Fee due upon filing.

The clerk will issue one summons per party, and the filer will be responsible to have it served appropriately. If you choose to use the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office for service, the clerk will collect the appropriate fees at this time. Summons is not needed if the other party submits a notorized Waiver and Consent form at the time of filing. Download forms to the left or go to Court Forms for a complete list of all available forms.

The case will then be assigned the next appropriate First Return Court date or Case Management date.

It is the petitioner’s duty to follow the events of the case and appear for the court dates. Failure to do so may result in the case being dismissed.

Information regarding the PACT Class (Parents and Children Together) is also available.

Question: What do I do if I have been served with a summons?

Answer: Read the summons carefully and follow the instructions on the summons. If you wish to file an Answer and Appearance, download and complete the forms to the left. Fee due upon filing.

You must mail copies of the Answer and Appearance to the opposing party /attorney of record.

Pursuant to Illinois Statute (705 ILCS 110 / 1) the Circuit Clerk’s Office is unable to assist in the preparation of documents or give any legal advice.

Mailing Address: 400 West State St., Rockford, IL 61101
Phone: 1-815-319-4500 (8:00AM - 5:00PM CDT) 

© Winnebago County Clerk of the Circuit Court. All Rights Reserved. | Site Design & Developement by americaneagle.com

close (X)