An Arbitration “AR” case number shall be assigned to every arbitration-eligible case at the time it is filed; the case shall retain the AR number even if it subsequently is assigned to a civil court call. NOTE: This case category shall be used only by counties that have initiated Mandatory Arbitration as defined by Supreme Court Rules 86 through 95.

Subcategories for "AR" case type.

• Arbitration -  Up to $15,000.00
• Arbitration - $15,000.01 up to $50,000.00

Question: How do I file an Arbitration "AR" case?

Answer: As each Arbitration Case Filing is unique in its content, there is no standard complaint form available to be filled out. A litigant who chooses to represent themselves Pro-Se will need to consult an attorney or prepare the appropriate complaint themselves. The Self-Help Center, located in the third-floor Law Library, is available for research purposes.

Necessary forms for filing an Arbitration "AR" case include, but not limited to the following forms: 

Affidavit - Military Service (1 per Defendant)   
Complaint (No standard complaint form available)
 SummonsSSummons - Arbitration (1 per Defendant) 

Go to Arbitration Court Forms for a complete list of all available forms. 

Upon completion of the forms necessary for your case, you will need to efile your forms. Approved service providers may be found  at You may file with the provider of your choice; however, the Winnebago County Circuit Clerk's Office staff has been trained to assist with Odyssey eFileIL. Please note that you will first be required to register and set up a payment option.  Fee due upon filing.

Upon review of your submitted filing, you will receive an email with your acceptance or rejection information. If you have opened a new case, you will then need to submit your summons to be issued via eFileIL. You will need one summons per party, and the filer will be responsible for having it correctly served. If you choose to use the  Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office for service, you will need to select the appropriate fee in the Optional Services section of the efiling page. 

The case will then be assigned the next appropriate First Return court date or Case Management date.

It is the petitioner’s duty to follow the events of the case and appear for the court dates. Failure to do so may result in the case being dismissed.

Question: What do I do if I have been served with an Arbitration "AR" summons?

Answer: Read the summons carefully and follow the instructions on the summons. If you wish to file an Answer and Appearance, you must download, complete, and efile the forms at

There may be a fee due upon filing.

You must mail copies of the Answer and Appearance to the opposing party/attorney of record.

Question: My case has been set for an Arbitration Hearing. Where are the Arbitration hearings held? 

Answer: Arbitration hearings for Winnebago County is held at the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Center. The ADR Center is located at 308 West State Street, Suite 25, Rockford, IL, 61101, one block east of the Winnebago County Courthouse, in the lower level of the building known as Stewart Square. 

In the event you have a question about the arbitration process, you may contact the ADR Center at (815) 987-7739, or by email to

Pursuant to Illinois Statute (705 ILCS 110 / 1) the Circuit Clerk’s Office is unable to assist in the preparation of documents or give any legal advice.


Mailing Address: 400 West State St., Rockford, IL 61101
Phone: 1-815-319-4500 (8:00AM - 4:30PM CDT) 

© Winnebago County Clerk of the Circuit Court. All Rights Reserved. | Site Design & Developement by

close (X)